Garmin connect to Xert issues? (Reconnecting)

Hello nice people,

I’ve an issue with the automatic sync between Xert and Garmin. By issue I mean that although I correctly linked Garmin ConnectIQ with Xert (confirmed on Xert site and on the Garmin app) the sync seems to happen only once. After I try to sync for the second time I get a message that Garmin refused to share the data with Xert and that I need to disconnect the apps and re-Connect them again. Which I do. However, the issue repeats again; after reconnecting only the first sync works, the second time I request a sync I get the same message.

This issue only happens with Garmin. With Strava all works perfectly (however Strava for me is the trash bin for my activities - duplicates ride btw ZWIFT, Rouvy and Garmin Fenix wearable recodings).

So the questions:

1. Shouldn’t the sync happen in the background and automatically without the need to sync activities all the time ?
  2. Do you people have a similar issue?

Cheers

Clarification (just discovered it) - if you do not force the sync, the system syncs correctly. So As long as I do not push the sync button (forced sync), my activities are automatically being synced with Garmin Connect IQ.

Yes - Garmin will automatically sync any new activity from a Garmin device directly to Xert.

However, Garmin only allows each activity to be synced once to Xert (this is a limitation on their end). Strava allows us to request activities as many times as you’d like (as well as allowing us to sync activities to their platform).

That makes sense with what I just discovered above.

Hi,
I have this issue too, how to fix this?
I really want the past 3 months of activities from Garmin sync’ed to Xert.
/Uzd

Is there an issue with Garmin Connect? My activity from today hasn’t synced to Xert, yet it has gone everywhere else.

Errors you may have experienced have been corrected. Let us know if you see anything unusual or are missing any data.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Hello
I’m new here and in the xert test phase. So far, I like xert a lot, although: I must use Garmin again… was so glad of using wahoo on the bike, and my beloved Garmin fenix for other nactivties only. Keywords: Autopause during interval training still not availabe on Edge520 (and others I guess), terrible support and low battery life. And the problem here has to do with Garmin way of thinking as well I guess:
I have strong difficulties in syncing from Garmin Connect to xert. In Particular zwift workouts are a hassle. I need to disconnect and reconnect xert to GC as proposed, and that might work - once. But not again. The error message reads as follows:
“The request for older activities from Garmin Connect was denied by Garmin. You may consider unlinking your account, reauthorizing with Garmin Connect and then retrying your request.”
Well I may even narrow doan to syncing yesterday and today, but will still have the same issue.
Any ideas? Syncing with strava works smoothly (but strava has only limited records of mine).
Best regards, Ibu

Do you mean when you sync Zwift to Garmin, it is not sent onwards to Xert? If so, that’s a known restriction on garmin’s side - they don’t pass on workouts from third party apps.

Solutions are either to sync Zwift to Strava and Strava to xert…. Or, what I do is simply dual-record I.e. record both via Zwift and with the garmin… and sync from garmin to xert. (I no longer sync Zwift to garmin)

1 Like

I see. Thank you!