FTP to high, recalculate?

I did a race on Zwift this morning and blew up part way through the race. I did not receive a breakthrough. This makes me wonder if I need to recalculate. My FTP seems high too. If so, what is the best way to do this? Thanks!

If you blew up this morning i.e. reached your max, and didn’t get close to a breakthrough, try opening the activity in Xert, selecting the ‘Advanced MPA’ tab, and use ‘Extract’ to extract a signature from it. You may need to drop your PP, HIE, and TP manually to help the system along, but try it without that first. If you do have to change your signature, drop them all by the same, relatively speaking i.e. if you drop your TP by 10%, drop your PP and HIE by 10% as well. But if you were close to a breakthrough, leave your signature where it is. It will decay and pick up your next breakthrough :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help on this Jamie. Here is a screenshot of the ride. I circled the area where I blew up. Would you recommend extracting the signature or a manual change. I’m not sure of the difference between the two. Thanks! 64BB1E54-B212-4C34-82F1-848258BAE276

Yes, try an extraction on that. In the activity, select the ‘Advanced MPA’ tab (above the map), decrease all three of your parameters by 10%, click the ‘Refresh’ button, and once that’s done, click the ‘extract’ button. If you like what you see, click Save and that will be used as your current signature. Future Breakthroughs and Fakethroughs will increase or decrease it as your fitness improves or declines, respectively.

I ended up reducing each one by 8%. Looks much more realistic. Thanks! Really appreciate your help.