Forcing AI to not plan rest days on the weekends

I was off the bike (and work) enitrely for a few weeks with a broken elbow. I started the smart trainer season early and was mostly just doing easy noodling on Zwift to turn the legs over.

It’s time to add a bit more entetion to trainiging and that has coincided perfecty with the new AI planning.

I’ve set a goal to increase 20 minute power by the start of March and the AI has given be wth green checkmark that it’s achieveable. :white_check_mark:

The only issue is that not that I’ve returned to a regular 9-5 job my availability isn’t what it’s been for the last 2 months. Is there a way to set a preferece not to have rest days planned on the weekends? My schedule isn’t so strict that I have to force a rest day on a weekday, but I’d like to be able to weight the AI to scheulde off days Mon-Fri rather than Sat-Sun.

Sounds like a new option would be required to exclude selected days of the week from being assigned as Rest days.
But what if you went hard and/or long on a Friday or Saturday? Wouldn’t Recovery be recommended the next day?
You could try defining Sat and Sun with a fixed duration (such as 2 hours) and see of that sorta does what you want.

Forecast AI doesn’t really look at it this way, other than fitting in the XSS that you can fit within your defined time availability. Instead of prescribing training by days of the week (e.g. ‘Tuesdays = high intensity’), Forecast AI looks at what XSS needs to be achieved on particular days to reach the desired training load targets at the end of the program (across all 3 dimensions of your fitness!!) and places the necessary XSS into the planner. Hope that makes some sense.

Also important to note that XFAI does have a distinction between a Rest day and a Recovery day:

• A Rest day is given when training isn’t necessary to achieve your goal. In other words, taking a rest day day off doesn’t impede your ability to achieve your desired outcome.
  • On the other hand, a Recovery day is when your training status is Very Tired (Red stars). On a Recovery day, Xert will recommend you take the day off riding and truly focus on recovery.

There’s several options you can consider…

1. You could just ride on the weekends anyways, if you’re available & Xert has it listed as a rest day. After the ride, you can then adapt your forecast for the week ahead.
  2. Secondly, you could add your planned ride to the planner using the “+” button & adapt forecast - Xert will consider that planned ride as part of your training.
  3. You could select a training from the forecast placeholder, could choose a workout/activity that you plan to do, pin it, & adapt the forecast around it.
1 Like