Fitness signature never going into yellow or red

I have been riding on the trainer this winter and have a fitness training load of around 120-140 the last couple of months and have been in the blue since January 14th. I use to go into the red with a 4 hour hardish gravel ride but now, even after doing a 5 hour 467.7 XSS and several other 350+ XSS rides it never comes out of the blue. I emailed Xert and they said that since my training has gone up, I don’t ride hard enough to get into the yellow or red. Anyone else have this issue since January? I am training from 12-18 hours a week but even when it did go into the red i wasnt training much less.

Thanks,
Chris

A little different but since I entered build phase in March i never go out of yellow unless I stop riding. Adaptive training gives me only endurance work out hence I am not “building”.

This is the same question (Clarity about adaptive training) - so: now you have found the freshness feedback slider, did you experiment with that?

If you take 1 week of a lowered improvement rate, you’ll allow your freshness to increase and then you’ll be ready & fresh for the harder efforts of the build/peak phase. You can also use the freshness feedback slider if you’d like.

Being in a constant state of yellow for long periods of time typically suggests your hard days aren’t hard enough (no red) and your recovery days aren’t easy enough (no blue).

1 Like

Absolutely, the issue is that I feel yellow is about right.

You expressed well what I am trying to say. “Being in a constant state of yellow for long periods of time typically suggests your hard days aren’t hard enough (no red) and your recovery days aren’t easy enough (no blue).”

I know we can manipulate xert “manually” to force it. However, I was expecting adaptive training to be able to manage this. The system could have a length of time where yellow is okay and suggest training sessions to recover properly. Then like you mention, create sessions to bring you deeper in the red for a show period of time.

1 Like

You should listen to @ManofSteele - push harder (red), recover better (blue). There is not that much more - or less - effort needed to go from yellow to red - or blue - but you should keep your eye on the ball, i.e. you target (event) date…

1 Like