Do I need Heart rate?

Training indoors wearing an hrm is a bit of a pain, if you are training with power does xert use hr for anything? Or is there any useful info or data I need to look at with HR

1 Like

I use TICKR FIT optical HR strap, goes on your arm, is always charged (USB rechargeable) and just works. I’m pretty sure both HR and cadence are part of the Xert secret sauce, but overall if you pay attention HR can also offer a lot of good information on the state of your recovery.

Other than for those of us who don’t have a power meter, or only on one bike/their smart trainer, HR is not used. That doesn’t mean, as @zenturtle stated, that there’s nothing to be learned from it.

If you want more useful info, a site like intervals.icu may be of interest to you…

1 Like

Yes. If you don’t use it right now, collect the data, maybe you’ll want to look at it someday.
My very little grasp of beginning to understand “training” has led me to use a combination of Breathing, HR, Power, Cadence, RPE. With each one being as important as another.

1 Like