Deactivate near breakthrouhg

Hi. Is it somehow possible to deactivate the near breakthrough feature? It happens to me sometimes during Zwift races at the end of a shorter climb. It is somehow frustrating for me to see my parameters go down because the climb ended “to early” in order to actually register an improvement if the climb would have been longer.
Thank you.
Markus.

Hi, i dont know how your TL looks like, but maybe try to change decay to “No Decay – Training Load Matched”, then your FS will go up as you train which make you harder to go so close to this point.

Is it a slight decrease? You can always flag the activity.
Reference –
Breaking Through the Xert Way! – Xert

If you do flag a ride, does the TL go away completely?

I have a ride in December - that has a 420 XSS, it is inflated, likely by a pwoermeter issue, but I know it was my PR on a particular 38 mile gravel route. The BT are invalid, but there was work done. (I did the same route, similar intensity yesterday @ about 220 XSS)

Scott

I don’t think flagging affects TL.

Pro tip: Flagging a fakethrough or breakthrough tells the extraction algorithm not to update your signature based on that particular activity. This means that your fitness signature will remain unchanged, despite a near maximal (or non-repeatable) effort.

If you are worried about overstating the power you can likely use FitFileTools.com to adjust that.

I want to avoid to flag the activity, because I want to use the xss which I accumulated during the race to be considered for the signature update.

Perhaps we can clarify the documentation…

If you flag an activity, you still receive the XSS from the activity! Flagging the activity only means that your signature won’t be raised (or lowered) by Breakthroughs (Fakethroughs).

1 Like

Sorry, I was not aware of that. In that case I will be flagging the activity. So this means that my TL will still be updated, and as a consequence of the TL update, my signature will also change in dependency of the decay method. Is that right?

1 Like

Correct. Your XSS will still count towards your Training Load (which will affect the post-ride signature based on your signature decay settings). But the actual fakethrough from that activity will be ignored because of the flag!

Thank you Scott and the other users for the support.

So - in a non-hypothetical situation - The temp dropped 30 degrees, I forgot to zero my power meter and unleashed furious anger. I blew out my 1, 5, 10, 20 minute powers and “averaged” 50 watts higher than I ever have LIFETIME. The XSS was absolutely higher than it should be (I believe it was something like 450 for a 2.5 hour ride).

Flagging this ride would take away BT/FT - but on overall training load, the 450 would be included? Wouldn’t that skew things for the next 42 days (or is 1 blip not really going to throw things off?)

I took @ridgerider2 ride and used fit file tools and “toned it down” a bit, but trying to understand.

In that case I would delete the activity since the power data is incorrect. Or you find a way to correct the data.

You’re exactly correct. That would definitely would throw everything off. This is really an edge case (only seen a handful of times in several years). In scenarios like this, it’s best to strip power data completely and let Xert’s HRDM estimate Focus/XSS, or guesstimate the Focus/XSS as a separate manual activity.

Thank you for the clarification. If this were historical, i’d not worry about it, but it made me look like a a ‘Man of Steel’ on the day after Christmas. After a massage of the data, it looks more normal - and I don’t see a meteoric rise on 12/26 and complete destruction in the following weeks!

1 Like

fitfiletools.com did a great job!

1 Like