Beta testers! New Training Advisor!

Hmm, I like the concept, but I get some strange differences to my regular Fitness-planner and fitness profile. Right now (offseason) I’m definitely fresh or very fresh, which is reflected in the fitnessplanner. The Training Advisor thinks I’m tired (which I’m not), also it projects a target FTP in May well below what I was able to do just recently, and that should be a best case scenario with improved training, right?

Training Advisor uses the same data as the planner. Check you are considering that the planner uses midnight for freshness score. The improvement rate only goes out 6-weeks. Beyond that, it’s based on your planned activities.

Hi Armando, Yes I checked, and the freshness score did not change for both during the last 24h (no new activities). Also the FTP values are a bit different (286 vs. 294), which is strange if the same algorithm is applied. My main concern is more, that the highest achivable FTP within 6 weeks with extreme2 improvements Training would be just what I was able to do in late September. However this might resolve, if you go to production…:slight_smile:

yes please this is what xert is missing a form of handing people workouts to do after telling it what their goals are.

I need this. So, does it tell me I’m detraining and that I need to do 6.6 hours per week, though I think I average around 8 or 9, because I haven’t populated the training calendar into the future? Or, is the idea that I can go to the Training Advisor each day to see what it suggests for me to do that day?

On the beta version on the Table view of activities the Hide/Show Planned Activities does not appear to be working

I’ve manually added my recent activities and workouts to the beta environment so that the fitness events calendars match each-other - so why do the beta signature calculator values differ from the live signature values which are lower? Does the introduction of the adaptive training advisor involve changes to the underlying fitness algorithms and the way signature values are calculated. It seems much more than just an add-on?

We are looking to introduce some improvements, particularly to how it handles data from new users. You may see some subtle differences. Note however, that there had also been some processing issues that we are looking to resolve on the production server too. This is perhap what you are seeing. We’re in the midst of some large tests so hopefull we can solve both issues soon and have everything working perfectly.

@Armando FYI, experiencing something odd in the Adaptive Training Advisor: Last night, after my ride, I showed 6 XSS Surplus. Then, this morning, I showed 31 Deficit (which was fine since time had passed), but then at noon today, I showed 136 XSS Surplus. And now, at 3:30pm, I am showing 21 XSS Surplus. I didn’t think it should jump around like that and wanted to let you know. Also, no other changes to the system or workouts occurred during this time - just simple page refreshes. Thanks!

Fixes we released that would have affected this. Should be better now! You have more rest. :slight_smile: