Beta Forecast AI - Super interested

You can also try setting it up as a a goal instead of event. You won’t get a taper week planned but the training would be virtually the same, i.e. based on the final targets.

@xertedbrain ?

You need to click Adapt if you want the plan to adjust. Note, if your target is still far away, it’ll likely be ok to just keep following the existing plan, especially if you’ve already blocked your calendar for the training.

I tested it now and it’s working. Fixed very quickly. Thank you.

What is “Periodization Level” just notice that (new?) slider?

Suggest adding an option under Forecast AI Beta called Remove Defined Schedule.

That’s done by switching mode, e.g., back to “continuous”. Which I feel also makes more sense compared to a “remove plan” button. What should be its result, being stuck in forecast mode (i.e., no xata!) but without any forecasted plan, so zero guidance?

Is not clearing a defined schedule for me no matter what option I select.
Will report as a bug.
Also, I think a defined schedule should clear and recast when you select Adapt.
I only see changes if I Remove and forecast again with same Goal.

2 Likes

Well this is just great and congrats on super new features.

I am trying to set my availability for certain days. It seems to honor the days I can’t ride perfectly but the other days, I set a time limit of 1.5 hours and set the slider at the bottom to “Fixed”. But then when I recalculate I am still getting almost all the activities between 2 to 2.5 hours in duration.

Similarly, I added some planned activities I have. It’s OK if the planner adds additional activities on those days because they’re short anyway. But those activities are still over the 1.5 hour limit. It seems like it should take into consideration the duration of my planned activity and subtract from the availability for the day to determine if there is any time left to do another activity.

Nice work guys!

EDIT: I think this is due to the same thing posted in previous post. I removed the plan altogether and redid it and the activities now reflect my time preferences. The planned activities still exceed the time for training on those days though.

2 Likes

Ok, so I joined Beta community, tried to prepare plan for my event which will be on may 11th.
I set the duration, type accrdingly to my last year course. One thing i do not uderstand is, why at the end, my treshold power will be lower than now :wink: Ok, maybe the 4min power is more important, but if so I think it should be visible on planner configuration page.

Second question, for that course, should I choose hilly, or mountain?

That was my course: Xert - Activity | Majka Medio Fondo 2023

Focus seems was 10min last year. That sounds like “mountain”.

2 Likes

This is why athletes with the highest threshold don’t always win the race. No doubt having highest numbers across all durations is best but most people aren’t WVA so have to pick and choose what they should optimize for.

Wow, great stuff. Looks very promising and love that so many are willing to suggest improvements and point out a few bugs here and there so that they can be ironed out by the development team.

Can’t wait to play around with the new Forecast AI myself :grin: nerd alert! :disguised_face:

1 Like

Hi, I have set up Forecast AI but see no way to set days as unavailable.
Can any one point the way, thanks.

Watch what happens to TP and especially TL when you drag the duration slider further right from 2.25.
You won’t see a progression triggered until you move it further out to perhaps 4 hours.
I don’t necessarily think that’s a bad thing (train for more than required), but I think Run Forecast needs to warn you when your current TL is sufficient to complete your event.
In your case TL is more than ample for tackling a 2.25 hour course.
You’d be better off changing to Goal and set an improvement number for Climber focus.

I’ve seen a number of posts now from testers not catching a TL decline (or no change) before forecasting.
I think the tendency is to dial in your event and press Go without considering the current/target numbers beforehand. Best to warn users and perhaps suggest a switch to Goal or increase to event duration.

The scope of what it aims to do is incredibly ambitious. It appears that everyone understands this and is open to assisting in the process. We couldn’t possibly test every athlete’s unique needs so all this feedback is great. Since no one has yet to complete one of the training plans, there is still a long way before the process of feedback ends. But we are confident we’ll tackle the remaining issues and the plans you’ll follow are head-and-shoulders better than anything else out there.

1 Like

Ahh, I see now , thank you. It didn’t help that the interface on iPad is all squished up.

Try Chrome. Safari doesn’t handle things as well.