Back on the Road Bike

Back in December 2018, I came off my road bike at a fast speed and fractured my L5 Spine and broke tow ribs. After an agonising 3 months, I started to slow ride again, Mainly getting used to the TT position, yeah, this was very slow and short rides. 7 months later, I built up my fitness I decided to enter a 10 mile TT, everything was on course for me to take part. Sunday a week before the race, I went for a slow ride on my TT bike since it was a clear sunny day Aug 2019, and to make any adjustments if needed.

Travelling along the A6, heading towards my direction was a car at speed 40mph, sudden came across my side of the road, and wiped me out. The car hit me, so fast I flow up into the air, over the front of the vehicle, and land 10 metres away from the car. Yes, more broken bones, a fractured pelvis, and off to the hospital I went. Bike totally smashed. but I am alive what really matters.

I started building up my fitness, and now on my bike again, and looking forward to doing some TT races. By using exert, my fitness and wattage have increased, and the signs or there for me to be at my best for the 2021 TT season.

I thought I would share my adventure with you all, and also to say thank you to all exert staff for creating such a powerful platform for us cyclist.

Watchout as Arnie says, ‘Am back.’

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience and the importance of
Perseverance in the face of hardship.

Thank you fr your kind words

Wow! That’s one hell of a story and good on you for fighting through recovery twice!

David, what can I say? MASSIVE respect to you for getting back on the bike again (Twice). Sounds to me like there’s no holding you back. Chapeau my friend :+1:

I’m happy to read that you’re not giving up. I have a similar experience, with three hospitalizations and also refuse to give up outdoor cycling. But, it will never be the same and I have to force myself to take, or rather not avoid, ‘bad experience’ roads often.

Great respect and I wish you a speedy ITT - Xert can help you with that :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey,

Thank you, but i am sure you would do the same lol.

Thank you, I am looking forward to free accident training lol,

I love this Xert, already I have started to increase my watts. But still learning how to get the best out of the platform.

Thank you

1 Like

I also love Xert. My outside rides are defintely benefitting from the Xert structured workouts.