I have been using the android app on outside rides. It generally works well but there are some things that could really enhance the experience.
Device Xiaomi Mi A1 - generally a very good screen with good brightness levels
- The graph on the workout screen is illegible in sunlight, washed out green on a black background with small arrows and thin lines means it all but disappears with sunglasses on. What it needs are the interval blocks to be in white with a thicker white line outlined in red to show where in the workout you are.
- A textual means of displaying the “Next Interval” would be good.
- The target power arrow with the timer on it is way too small and should be white or red with a thick white outline. The timer itself should be larger or moved to a static position above and to the right of the guage. The power indicator arrow should be large and bright green as are the numbers.
- An audio cue to say whether power is above target or below target would be good to shift focus to the road rather than the screen.
- Audio cues , perhaps a set of countdown beeps to the start of the next interval would be useful.
I am sure that the screens as they are now work well enough in a turbo trainer environment where light levels are lower and sunglasses are not used but outside its taking too much attention to get the information.