2 sessions a day

Hello,

Due to the current lockdown rules in the UK and the fact that I my work hours have changed, I’m thinking that it might be better to do two workouts per day rather than one longer one. Although we are allowed out once a day for exercise there isn’t any official guidance on how long for, and it does seem to be causing issues if you do a 3hr endurance ride for example.

So my thoughts are to split the time between an interval workout on the trainer in the morning and then maybe 90mins outside endurance pace in the evening. My only concern with this tactic is that I could end up maybe doing too much, so was wondering if anyone else does this and how you would set up your freshness slider and such like.

I had just started my TT season, two races ridden, before everything got shut down, I was aiming to peak in May but have now moved that back to July and set my improvement rate to Slow in order to hopefully help keep my immune system in good shape.

Any advice gratefully received as I am struggling how to move forward without a set date when racing will resume. I’m sure I’m not the only one who is wrestling with this so thought I’d ask and hopefully maybe a few others will benefit from the answers.

Thanks

I wouldn’t see a problem with that, as long as you stick to XSS requirement and advised workouts. This will need a little tweaking, as you will have to tell Xert you need a shorter workout in the morning, after which you can do the recommended in the evening.

Other than that, staying in base for a prolonged time, will eventually keep you from improving, as you probably wont have the hours available that will be needed. You may settle for a drop in TL for a while, until things get sorted out and you have a new goal…

1 Like

Cheers, that’s what I did this morning, reduced the workout length with filter option. I’m thinking doing it this way I may end up accumulating excess XSS some days which will result in a few total rest days, which are quite rare for me so I may benefit from that. Suppose now is as good a time as any to experiment.

1 Like

My apologies for hijacking this thread.

I just wanted to find out what the impact is of the 2-a-days on the performance chart?

Do the various activities get a cumulative score?