Xert Garmin IQ Apps can't be downloaded

I am using a Garmin Edge 1000 and tried to download the Xert ConnectIQ apps. I get an error saying my Garmin needs to have the software updated. However, I am running the latest version of the software (10.0) and there are no updates available?

Richard, please put in a support ticket to Garmin. We’ll try and see if there is anything we can do on our end. Do you have the same issue installing using the Garmin Connect Mobile app?

Thanks. I tried the mobile app on my iPhone and get the same issue. I’ve raise a support issue with Garmin.

Looks like it is an issue with the Garmin 10.00 software - I tried the v9 beta and I could download the apps fine, so working at the moment.

I had the same same issue, Garmin 10.00 new update screw up everything:(. I spent a couple of hours trying to figure it out. I uninstall and reinstall both Garmin Express from your PC and Garmin Connect phone APP and it worked. but you have to do it all over again every time you update your Fitness Signature. ugh

Try the beta version - I’ve not had any trouble updating my signature and software on the Garmin is running fine. I’ll update to the next proper release and try that once it is updated. http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=7609