What would you have done differently if starting again?

I’m planning in a harder workout to try to get a breakthrough this week. Just gotta get the MPA/power field working on my watch so I can see how long I need to hold it for, twice I’ve come close now but given up too early!

Onto other newbie questions -

• targeted power in activity graphs - I’ve tried syncing it from strava and also tried from garmin via my watch which I have linked up to my trainer using ANT+ so it records power, I’m not seeing any target power graph on my workouts, am I right to assume you only get this if you use the xert player to record the workout?

• is it ok to have a deficit at the end of some weeks if your progression is tracking the right way?

And finally something I’ve learnt -

Set your time in goal to the time for your workout And move your freshness slider to get yourself out of the ‘very tired’ loop if needed then trust the XATP, you can trick it a little by deleting and having it rechoose the workout but largely, I’ve done this all this week with the exception of a group ride on Friday and it’s given me a surplus and a progression in my FTP this week.

1 Like

A running deficit is normal in Xert. It is another floating value that fluctuates over time and varies from week to week. There is no need to wipe it out or force a surplus.
Here’s the details:

If your Pacer needle is pointing up within the lower grey band you are doing fine.

Yes.

You probably need to follow he same procedure as for an Edge: go to the page with the field on your watch, while your phone is connected (I usually start the Garmin Connect app on it too). Then press start and sit down while you wait for the field to update. It will briefly show 'Updated" and the dot will turn from orange to green…

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Donna.
Good to hear that you have figured it out.
It made me also look into my settings again and make some minor changes.
From now on the only way is up :slight_smile:

1 Like