Training Advice to change plans

i probably should … was just think there is one already.

1 Like

The workouts base is a bit limited so creating a “custom” one is the best way to go.

1 Like

Another way to think about this question is to ask for workouts that are an hour long that have the same Focus Duration as the 3x20 workouts you were using. FD is how Xert is able to determine how the various intensities in the workout (or activity) add up in a way such that the overall workout/activity has the same fitness affect or benefit.

Try that. It’s unique to Xert and very effective.

3 Likes

Thank @xertedbrain

Thank you @oldcyclist65

1 Like

Compared to what? :slight_smile: The cookie-cutter plan platforms that have 10 variations of the same workout?
With Xert you can have unlimited variations of nearly 400 current choices in the library – should you decide to go that route.
Pick any workout, view in Workout Designer, click Copy then modify it be shorter/longer, extend the warm-up, add a sprint, etc.
For an example of a simple mod take a look at Lucy in the Sky (6 duration options).
So you can take any favorite workout and personalize it in just a few clicks.

One could argue there are a limited number of workout types and everything else is a variation of same. However, Xert’s toolbox is second to none when it comes to workout creation possibilities.
If you are not easily daunted by what’s possible to design with Xert you should study this article then click Create New Workout and try it from scratch! :astonished:

Me? I’d rather pick from the library and stick to simple mods. There’s enough variety already to make my head spin. :wink:

Creating your own custom workouts or modifying existing workouts is exactly what I recommended so I’m not sure what you mean?

Compared to what? I’m just saying what the Xert guys themselves have said on a previous podcast. There are a limited number of workouts which to me is a good thing. The aim for finding a workout to do is simply to focus on your “focus duration” and match them up.

I’m not saying it’s a problem. I’ve come over to Xert from Trainrroad where there are a ridiculous amount of workouts. To me it’s WAY over the top.

Wasn’t chiding you. :wink:
My point is the workout base is actually unlimited by design.
Once you learn the ropes the sky’s the limit. Literally. :slight_smile:
Perhaps limited is mentioned in an older podcast as Xert did start out with a small group of workouts as proof-of-concept. However, the library rapidly expanded during the last two years. More entries than most users really need plus new ones continue to pop-up.
I prefer to source from the library because those workouts are curated by Xert. So you have an excellent base to work from should you decide to mod something and make it your own.
In either case Xert accommodates newbies who prefer to be told what to do, experienced users who prefer to select from the recommended list or search the library and mod if needed, or the advanced user who wants to create their own magical workouts from scratch. :smiley:

1 Like