Speed from power seems too high

That’s excellent news Scott. Thanks :+1:

No, I don’t think you’re being picky. :slight_smile:
I have been using the Connect IQ app for a couple weeks but went back to the Android beta (3.4.5.0:171) this morning. Yikes! I’d say it’s overestimating speed by 30-35%.
Good to hear that @ManofSteele says they have a fix coming soon.
BTW you forgot to mention that sound is back. :bell: Yay!

1 Like

What app is that?
Sounds like it’s not factoring slope into the equation.
Here’s Kinomap’s explanation with a simple diagram: https://support.kinomap.com/hc/en-us/articles/217526666-How-is-calculated-the-bike-speed-in-the-training-apps-

Of course it’s not - it’s doing the same thing as the Xert app, calculating speed from power. And pretty accurate, compared to my outdoor rides, so within 1 mph or so.

At 230 Watts, it calculates ~36.4 kph and a real outdoor ride at 230 Watts the other day, gave me 35.3 kph.

Tacx app, but still oranges and apples :slight_smile:

Okay, so you mean the sim app is calculating 15 kph on the slope (correctly?) but the app controlling the trainer is calculating 38 kph @ 250 watts because slope is ignored (0%).

I’ve successfully confused people with that setup before :joy: And, on occasion, received critique for it as ‘not being real’.

I ride a virtual route, doesn’t matter where (BigRingVR, Tacx, Rouvy, VeloReality and I don’t do cartoons, so no Rouvy or Zwift) and that desktop app, catches power from my Neo via the Ant+ channel.

Well, except the new Tacx desktop app, because that only uses BLE, although they seem to be working on adding Ant+, which is what was the ONLY THING supported in its predecessor, Tacx TTS, which is why so many have an Ant+ dongle FROM Tacx.

Anyway, I’m drifting off topic…

The Tacx iPhone app, catches the BLE channel (there is no other way with that phone) and controls my Neo.

I set it at a specific target and peddle away - my virtual self will move according to the math the app in question uses, but they’re all pretty similar.

I’m (virtually) not moving any faster than I would if I were to hook up the Neo to the desktop app directly, but it’s just the way I like it and I do not have to use my gears :sunglasses: Sometimes, I do ride in that scenario, but usually only on ‘rolling terrain’…

1 Like