Out of saddle efforts

Currently focusing on TT training and recording about 230watts over an hour (40k rolling TT). If I ride hills - I can sustain 350Watts for 5 mins. These two very different efforts seem to send Xert into some confusion. In order to allow me to train effectively on my TT bike I constantly need to reset my HIE FTP after a hilly ride. Tonight I did a hill climb race and Xert recorded a breakthrough - FTP from 230 to 269… training status from 4 red stars to no stars at all. Training load from 103 to 1. I am aware of the very different physiology in these two efforts, but this seems unrealistic. Help needed…

Hi Gavin, re: your TL - we’re working out a bug in the system. To fix it, go to your Fitness Planner (calendar), add a manual activity with a random workout duration and XSS to a date prior to the drop in Training Load, save it, and then delete it. This triggers the system to do a new trickle down, which takes a few seconds, and fixes this issue. Re: different fitness signature on TT vs road bike, this isn’t uncommon, especially if you have an aggressive TT position. It has a lot to do with muscle activation. You may want to look at your TT position to make sure you’re optimally positioned on your bike.

Thanks - Fitness planner sorted. I agree that out of saddle vs TT will be different, but the significance of the impact of the difference is quite large - larger than I would expect…I will take a serious look at my TT position - might just add some clip-on bars to my road bike and do some evening events.

I have seen similar differences on my TT bike (when I had one) vs Road, especially on climbs…