Newbie; XERT - simply how to operate it?

@ridgerider, no offense,
I believe the problem here is not so much your great onboarding post - I followed that successfully myself and @traveller probably will too. I think for @traveller - and perhaps more like her/him or me - the complete lack of onboarding from the website is the root cause. The website still has no “how to get started”/“Your first ride”-introductions which is a huge oversight me thinks. Costumers wanting to out XERT are left flailing.
As a minimum, your post could be referenced but - as you are not a staff memeber (or so you claim;-) - your post must be un-official and also it shouldn’tbe necessary to consult a community simply to get going.
/Ulf

PS
Even this thourough playlist from Scott really doesn’t tell newcomers how to get properly started. The team is simply missing a huge opportunity here developing a user-friendly and intuitive UI. Currently it is not - but I use it, though and am content.

3 Likes

My pronoun is him @ulfhjensen1 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Have to say @ridgerider2 has been a great help but I have to admit I think it’s unfair that other users should be explaining how to use Xert. A problem I find with many products is that the user manual, or tutorials in this case, are written by people who know how to use the product but forget that new users don’t. Xert looks like a winner…if only I could get to grips with it.

1 Like

:grinning:
Yes, @ridgerider has been of great help to many, myself included.
XERT is quite a nice piece of software and it does the job really, really good. But the learning curve for getting started is rathe steep.
Enjoy! - if you get up and riding, that is
/Ulf

1 Like