Multiple power meters

Just resurrecting this thread. Now that Power Scaling is no longer an option on the iOS App what suggestions does anyone have to cater for a trainer that reads consistently 9% lower than the power meter I use outside. My riding is approx 50:50 inside and out and it makes using Xert effectively extremely challenging. Most of my breakthroughs come from outside riding because that’s where I get the motivation to push more so my signature when on the trainer is way off as is my training load. I’m really starting to wonder why I’m carrying on with Xert. I can’t understand why Power Scaling can’t be reintroduced unless its to do with people perhaps using it it cheat when using Zwift
Regards
Disgruntled of Standish

1 Like

Please add power scaling. I have tested all my power meters in the possible combinations and I know the percentages they differ by. It’s due to the power meters, not different bikes, position or conditions.

1 Like

No power scaling in the native app for the power meter? If I’m remembering correctly, my Assioma pedals can be scaled using the Favero app.You could also do it by changing the crank length, if you’re using a pedal.

Yes, Assioma can be scaled, and the SRM slope can be adjusted. There is no possibility on for example power2max cranks or Powertap hubs. Elite trainers cannot be scaled. If Xert include it in the software, it is very convenient.

Many power meters can be calibrated by hanging a known weight from a pedal with the crank at 90 degrees and adjusting the slope via the head unit. Calibrating your power meters should always be the first course of action.

@xertedbrain This thread is quite old, and no progress, yet. Couldn’t you just start over with some low hanging fruits? E.g. “just” add a column in the activity table, where you show the powermeter ID, if available?

1 Like

Hi

Maybe I have missed this? Nut are there any plans to implement ‘Power Scaling’ as mentioned in this 2017 post, to help manage differences between multiple power meters?

Thanks,

2 Likes

Old thread I know but I wanted to share… My fitness signature is currently a function of a summer of outdoor riding. I have long suspected my indoor trainer measuring less than my outdoor power meter and I contributed to this thread above. I just tried to do Wahoo’s Full Frontal on the trainer, and went (completely) to exhaustion on the 5 min interval as specified, and just got a breakthrough… Was impressed just how close this came out…

Are you sure it is the old signature displayed? The default view is the new signature and always looks like it just barely touched. To view the breakthrough with the old signature you have to click the ‘previous’ button below the chart on the right side.