Let's See Your BREAKTHROUGHS! 💥

I understand that, was just curious why the same ride generated two different breakthrough reports. To be clear, both reports were generated from the same data. Thanks.

Two of the most recent from the last few weeks. Just getting back to where I should be after Covid.
370 Threshold Power
28.6kJ High Intensity Energy
1,315 Peak Power
6.0 W/kg 8 Minute W/kg
298W Lower Threshold Power

72kg

Mind you, I dont think these were MAX efforts, you know like a bear was chasing you efforts. Always a little more with the presence of motivation.

4 Likes

Both XATA and my Garmin told me I‘d be fresh, but I didn’t feel like. Bit heavy legs. So I thought I‘d just hop on my bike to get fresh rolls for the Sunday breakfast and planned a family trip to the swimming pool later to entertain the kids - training can wait for another day. Just thought I could try to do this 300ish effort and see what happens, to get some quality XSS in before breakfast. Turned out pretty well. :grimacing:

But I have to say both my body and my fitness signature are probably a bit mixed up after barely surviving the Dolomites MTB Marathon 2 weeks ago. I wasn’t prepared well due to past injury and sickness, and my „battery“ was totally depleted 4hrs into the event. With 4 more hours to go. Tapped deeply into my „willpower energy system“, basically pushing up the bike any steeper hill at the end. Obviously my power meter could not catch these efforts. :wink:

6 Likes

Was mostly taking it easy but decided to make my way up an annoying hill and boom - breakthrough. To quote Yazz, The Only Way Is Up. Fresh into using Xert so hopefully more of them in the future!

6 Likes

After a winter of primarily running with a sprinkling of indoor rides I got the cycling itch again a couple of months ago, I selected a random TED and went with an aggressive 2 improvement rate, I thought I was ready for a crack up my local hill yesterday and managed a 1 second PB then had a play around on a few hills this morning managing silver BTs on both rides.
Very happy considering I’m about 1 stone heavier than when I set the previous PB, I think one of the big differences is that I’ve been doing heavy weight training for a number of months now & I just feel so much stronger and stable all round with no after effects getting off the bike.
Yesterday

Today

I had a mechanical half way up the first climb hence the gap, crank arm bolts were loose, not happy with bike shop.

3 Likes

Trying to do a BT workout every few weeks. This is three weeks after my last BT with normal decay. Workout was “Xert Fitness Test for BT Version 3”.

Question for the experts: The fact that I failed at the second BT effort due to just lacking enough power in the legs – does that indicate maybe the MPA is too high, signature a bit off? I think my best efforts on the road in sprints over the past six weeks have only gotten me about 300W below my MPA (1250W).

3 Likes

Race on Zwift Climbers Gambit course. A definite test and good place to do a breakthrough effort. Not a good as I was in Feb/March of this year but feeling better after life’s hurdles.

s

2 Likes

My first gold one outside :biking_man::grinning:

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay in response but seeing MPA reach power multiple times is very uncommon. Just the fact that you came close is a great sign. Likely just getting a bit too tired by then to make your best effort. Great stuff!

1 Like

2nd crit after having had Corona a bit more then a month ago. Fitness seems slowly to be coming back :sunglasses:.

4 Likes

Really did go all out on the last interval.

5 Likes

Here’s mine from last night. Ridden on my FS mtb. I felt better on the first hill than usual so went for it using the MPA field

2 Likes

Bit gold BT on the weekend, criterium after an easier week so I felt good

4 Likes

This was the heardest ride so far in my life, by far. Hot weather, and after the last interval my heart felt like exploding. New max heart rate achieved, too: 182. Really felt like throwing up. Felt pretty unhealthy to be honest, even hours after my heart was sustainably tired and with heart rhythm disturbance. Will not do that again I think.

3 Likes

Been awhile working on mostly DFAA pace and some ‘soft’ intervals, no scheduled BT attempts. And the last couple weeks we’ve been dealing with bad air quality in the PNW, so too much indoors time. It cleared yesterday, so outside, wheee!!! Coach had a 60-60 interval session scheduled for me, so I tried to replicate that outside with the gravel bike on a dirt climb. I don’t think it was as big a BT as claimed, more like just getting back to where my numbers should be. Only by the last interval of the day was I really feeling lack of power. Fun times though, far more entertaining than on the trainer.

2 Likes

My favorite part of my area are the relatively long, relatively uninterrupted stretches of road. This allows me to work some structure into my rides, which I take advantage of for my Thursday hard rides.

Link to activity on Strava: 45.2 km Ride Activity on September 15, 2022 by Scott S. on Strava

2 Likes

Had a bronze breakthrough on my outdoor ride this evening

And this showed up on activities as well, even though I did not take a pic

guessing it’s from a random google map pic from the area I rode

We actually grab a Google Street view from the exact place you got your breakthrough! Pretty neat, huh? :slight_smile:

Very cool!

Scratched my itch in a Zwift Race this morning. I’ve been on No Decay for a month, looks like everything is about right.

3 Likes