Let's See Your BREAKTHROUGHS! 💥

Yes, the classic ‘Spiral of Death’ :smiley:

1 Like

Another Breakthrough to add to the collection! :slight_smile: Gasoline +5% on the second interval and +10% on the final set to grab the BT.

1 Like

Zwift Racing League Round #3. 3 Laps of Innsbruckring followed by the KoM to finish.

1 Like

Ronnestad with 2 x 13 30 seconds on, 15 seconds recovery.

I did this out on the road. I suspect that I can push my signature more than this, but the temperature was a tad high and the difficulty score that equates to 4.5 stars was too high for someone with a training status of just 2 stars.

I’ll be doing this workout another three times over the next three weeks and it will be interesting to monitor my progress.

Did the Thunderstruck workout this morning in slope mode. Quite pleased with it, only question now is ,if you get a breakthrough before going to work, do you still have to go to work?

4 Likes

I guess the answer, as always, is ‘What does Xert Training Advisor say?’!

2 Likes

Once a month for me or within a week of when the stale signature warning appears.

1 Like

Here’s February’s effort from today using my favorite BT workout Under Pressure.
Have been feeling stronger over the last two weeks and decided to go for this after my Monday rest day. Also followed it with another workout at the new signature.

@ManofSteele
Regarding which workout/ride you did for the BT, how about including the name in the report?
If you think that would be TMI for some users include a checkbox.
It might also be interesting to include HR. Nothing numerical but shows your HR drift pattern for the workout.
_ Include workout/ride name
_ Include HR drift

2 Likes

Another two breakthroughs spaced a week apart for me. I’m slowly improving at the second set, and during yesterdays effort I would have had a breakthrough in the final interval of the second set if I hadn’t already reset my signature earlier on in the ride.

I’m using the No Decay setting which is already lifting my TP a few watts per week and these breakthroughs are on top of that.

Ride 28km = 15km uphill max 22%
Elevation gain 1238m
Ride time 1hr 25m

2 Likes

I know this isn’t the optimal way to get a breakthrough, but sometimes it’s nice (in a type 2 fun sort of way) to just sit there and go for as long as you can. This one was 8 minute MMP for 9 minutes and 30 seconds for a silver BT. Oh, and a wee sprint at the end just to see how hard I could push with my MPA still on the way up.

Quite pleased.

Mike

3 Likes

Been off the bike and XC skiing past week. Time to get back to work. TDZ makeup stage 2. Really likely what I’ve learned about Xert so far. Enjoying more flexibility along the way. Been away from any training for some time and building & maintaining mtb trails. Aiming to do more riding and regain some lost fitness in 2021 (and enjoying Xert).

2 Likes

At the end of a Zwift Crit City Race.

Kinda happy with the MPA management, though to be fair it is mainly due to other people in the leading bunch, I was just simply trying to hang on to them. Gave it all out on the final sprint (where the BT occurred), but they were better or more experienced or both.

Compare that with a race I did yesterday, where it seems I left a lot of energy lying on the table:

Time trial training in 3 sectors with the club. Breakthrough made on the final sprint :slight_smile:

Well, I only have a very modest BT from Tour de Zwift Stage 8 (and i’ts already 11 days old).

1 Like

I was worried all of my recent breakthroughs were bronze and silver with increases in HIE, but I finally got a Gold breakthrough. First outside ride in months on a normal route, that I give a few efforts on segments. The FTP has been around 206-210. This puts it at 217, which I think will feel about right. Its been hard to actually sprint on the trainer compared to outside.

1 Like

A Sneaky little BT, was not my intention to try today but on the advice of manofsteele and ridgerider2
I pushed thru

Slightly odd one… ran out of hill and didn’t pace correctly so did a couple of out of saddle efforts just before the top… interesting that only high and peak parameters were (slightly) affected despite it being a 10min climb… have been on no decay so take it to mean that signature is fairly accurate still

1 Like

Here’s my latest! https://www.xertonline.com/activities/xuf7pw6ofvzahh8z

I did this one as an Xert Session with a handful of other Xerters in our first ever Public Xert Breakthrough Session! The workout is called A Pain That I’m Used To, and the key to this workout is PACING!

If you’ve found the workout challenging to complete, or hard to pace, you may want to join our next Breakthrough Session, coming this Friday at 1:00 pm Eastern Time. Dr. Stephen Cheung and I will be there to help coach you all through the workout, and it’s fun to participate in a group Breakthrough ride like this! You can join the Breakthrough Session fun from the ‘Sessions’ page, or by simply clicking on the link below: https://www.xertonline.com/sessions/t6bqk9e2jg92rh2o/join