Heart Rate Derived Metrics way off

No need to do that. The instructions include –

To fine-tune the algorithm to better reflect your current resting and maximum heart rate values, disable Auto-estimate Heart Rate parameters and key in your resting and maximum heart rate values directly.

As soon as you enter values and save settings XO will re-evaluate activities on file without power.

I’m on these pages because I’m upset over how restrictive “my data” is. I subscribe to training platforms to make myself better and find that occasionally I’m penalized, and I just want to make my data correct and nothing allows me to do that.
I spent 2.5 hours on a fat bike absolute slog. 8 miles uphill out of the gate muddy, soft, slow, absolute 50 rpm grind which then turned into a steady muddy sloth like drag for 2.5 hours total. An 8 mph average type of ride with most of the uphill being between 4 & 6 miles per hours. On a dry day with a 26 lb gravel bike with a powermeter I’m averaging 235 watts.
Now I’m on a studded tire 47lb fatbike absolutely punishing myself with my HR at 90% but because I don’t have a powermeter my data is being treated like I was on a rest and recovery day.
Why can’t I just edit my …repeat MY data?
However, no one will let me. It would be a much better approximation of my effort if I could simply put an average power number in. I cannot find a fit file tool that will allow me to do this, maybe fitfilerepair, but I then need MS Access which would not run on my laptop.
Its just ugh and all the while I’m thinking its my file. I created it. I should be able to change anything I want to change.
So I played about with HR to get it closer but it’s not representative of what the effort truly was. If I could figure out how to put a powermeter on a raceface crank fatbke with a 197mm rear hub I would but I have not solved that problem yet.
I’m not following how a cadence sensor would have made the file ‘better’ with a 50rpm average cadence.
I appreciate the platform and what it is trying to do which is why I am trying to make the input data accurate, I just feel I’m not allowed to.

You could create a manual activity and key in your information: Entering ‘manual’ activities when no power meter was used – Xert

1 Like

The HR derived power won’t be very useful IME. If I remember correctly, Strava’s algorithms came up with much better power numbers from HR but it’s not easy to then make Xert use that data. I can’t remember if Strava will export it’s power estimates and all that could have changed by now anyway. Better to get a real power meter.

You could get a crank arm power meter from Stages that should work with your RaceFace axle. RaceFace Cinch axles are the same as Cannondale Hollowgram.

Thanks for the reply. The struggle was finding hollow gram arms and then I need to ensure that it makes it past the chainstay. (Only 8mm clearance with the race face arm) I contacted power2max months ago literally like last October and after some back and forth with them, they just stopped responding. Like crickets. I sent 3 follow up emails and not even the decency to just say we don’t want to help you.
It distresses me that they still got my money because I would love to tell power2max to f themselves with their lousy service.
However out of this, I found a place called power meter city and they are absolute top notch, fantastic to deal with, ultra responsive including writing back on a Sunday even when I asked a question, and I am happy I gave them my money even if it was for a power2max ngeco. Josh at power meter city said it should fit and it did so I’m all set on that bike now. Finally.

1 Like