%FTP Basic Workout Library

It seems we’re both talking the same. Im talking about zwift "showing " 5 watt increments. Im aware that under the hood its not. Perhaps i misunderstood you.

Thats what I was alluding too - the current exported intervals are mapped (timewise) 1:1 with the Xert workout, to get a better curve fit the curved intervals would need to be subdivided. Never exceeding more than 1W delta between the approximation and the original curve would mean a lot of divisions though!

1 Like

How can i leave the Basic Workouts Library. After using the Link, i did see only the basic Workouts. Thanks Peter

You can never leave :wink:

Navigate to Community > My Coach and find the ‘Basic Workouts Library’ in the list. Click the ‘Leave’ button and you’ll exit the community.

1 Like

You may end up with a journey of a thousand steps. :slight_smile:

You can alternately exclude Coach Community workouts from lists by using Filter and unchecking Community. This works from anywhere Filter is available.

FilterFolders2

I guess I’ll do EBC. My brother in law and sister did that today and it worked well. :blush:

2 Likes

Also consider why the VO2 entries classify as endurance in Xert.
For example, VO2Max 21x30 at 120% sounds daunting but 120% (F)TP for 30 seconds followed by 4-1/2 minutes RIB at 50% is a walk in the park compared to what you and I normally associate as a VO2max workout (ex. 4x5min).

The crucial factor is XSS per hour.
Duration: 2:00:00
XSS: 105
Focus: Endurance
Specificity: Mixed - 43%
Difficulty: - Moderate - 52

Rather than title consider the difficulty graph and MPA drawdown shown in the thumbnail image.
That tells you at a glance how hard the workout really is.
VO2_21x30x2hrs
I may not elect to do this particular workout for 2 hours indoors, but if I filter for one hour endurance this one shows up – VO2Max 9x30 at 120%

Duration: 1:00:00
XSS: 59
Focus: Endurance
Specificity: Mixed - 37%
Difficulty: - Moderate - 51

VO2_9x30x1hrs

The driving force here is RIB watts and duration. You are well below LTP for 4+ minutes between efforts. :smiley:
I could definitely do this workout outdoors without any need to download it to my head unit. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Scott! Tried EBC today. I use a Tacx Neo 2T trainer pluss AppleTV. But unlike Wahoo trainers, Tacx trainers only supports one BT connection. So even if I turn off Controllable in Zwift I cannot pair with EBC player (this works with Wahoo since it just kinda broadcasts the BT signals). In order to «Xert-train» in Zwift I need to power the avatar. I’m trying to figure out if this could be done with wattpedals, or a wattkrank? If not I must use a PC and connect the Tacx trainer via ANT+ (drop the ATV) and EBC via BT I know.

If you have a separate power meter, this will work!

• Pair Trainer for power/trainer control in EBC
  • Pair Power meter for Power/Cadence in Zwift - no trainer control in Zwift
1 Like