Front Load Periodization anyone ? :-)

Guess TL ramp depends on the protocol - @ManofSteele‘s progression had a big TL ramp, as have others I’ve seen, but also understand you need recovery to absorb the tough first week.

Other thing I noticed last time was that your easy LSD days didn’t look that easy, unless you maybe dialed down the intensity? Lucy in the Sky with diamonds… don’t look back in anger and stuck in the middle are at 90% LTP (already the top of ‘easy’ for most) and above LTP. Just a thought that you may try easing up a bit to see if that helps recovery and results? Scott mentioned that in his post above too… he created workouts at 85% LTP max.

I was doing 2 weekly short LSD workouts, and another easy ride, in addition to the weekly Seiler 4x8, so with the 2 days of rest, those weeks were really easy.

Lately I’ve been doing several polarized weeks: 2 HIIT workouts, and the other days very easy. So, no sweet spot training or “Z2” at all. My weekly training load is quite low, but I’m still hitting that TP with my favorite BT test from Xert :stuck_out_tongue:

Now, I think that it may help me improve my times on the shorter segments outdoor (when the good weather will be here), the ones between 30s and 4-5min. But above that, I’m pretty sure that my times will be worse, by a lot.
Don’t know, maybe I will try to improve my times on those short segments during the first weeks of the outdoor season, and then continue my training so that I will focus on the longer segments during Summer and Autumn, incrementally. Going for 7-8min, then 10, then 15-20, then 30-40, …, month after month.
And for the Winter, I’ll go back to the short intervals, 'cause I can’t do long sessions on the HT, too boring (and hard; I can’t do the same workouts at the same power on the HT vs those I do outdoors).