Discrepancy between workout descriptions

I printed out several workouts to use on the trainer. Reviewing the tables I noted that there were discrepancies between the graph descriptions of the workouts and the table printouts. Specifically, some of the work intervals seem to be missing so there are two rest intervals back to back. For instance, in the hour of power workout the table printout eliminates every eighth 15 sec. work interval. Is this an error or is the program intentionally omitting work sets based on my fitness signature?

Hello Mitchell. Thanks for pointing this out. We’ll have a look to see why this is happening and will resolve.

It’s certainly an error on our end and should be fixed now. Our apologies.

@Mitchell young
Is this an error or is the program intentionally omitting work sets based on my fitness signature?

What HOP workout are you referring to?

There are 4 of them, actually.

HOP - 140% and 75%
HOP - 140% and 85%
HOP - 150% and 93%
HOP - Target MPA - 150% and 93%

The first 3 are _old school _, in that they are based on Absolute Time (15 sec ON/45 sec OFF).
The last one takes advantage of the MPA metric which you can use to set the all new Smart-Flexible-Clever-whatever-you-want-call-it Duration.

In that workout the Smart Durations are set to:
250% TP MPA (ON)
280% TP MPA (OFF)

In order to see any interval your PP should be 280% of your FTP, at the very least.

Please, bear in mind that if you set your PP exactly (2.8 x FTP) it’s very likely that the total duration will be skyrocketing. HOP-2

Here’s a screenshot of what HOP workout looked like with my actual XERT values. HOP-1
And here’s the same workout with my PP tweaked to better reflect what it actually is. HOP-3

(I must admit that it took me a while to understand what was going on and how to fix it but eventually I did :wink: )

Hope this helps. If not could you attach some screenshots?

Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Ciao :slight_smile:

[EDIT]
The first 3 are old school , in that they are based on Absolute Time (15 sec ON/45 sec OFF).

It should have been:
The first 3 are old school , in that they are based on Absolute Time (15 sec ON/105 sec OFF).

Sorry, I was in a hurry…

My apologies, Mitchell.

I completely missed your point.
You were talking about discrepancies between the Graphs shown on the workout Designer Page AND the printed out Table View.
Instead, I was referring to the differences between the graph shown as a preview in the Workout List Page AND what you really get when you open it in the Workout Designer Page, if your Fitness Signature is not “suitable” for that workout.
Two completely different issues, indeed.

My apologies again,
Lorenzo.