Continuous Improvement. How to use it to improve

How have you found the mix of workout recommendations? I’m worried that it seems to recommend more HIIT workouts than the more traditional 120 day base/build/peak method. As others have said above, doing hard workouts most days isn’t the best. Have you found that long term it recommends a good dose of endurance workouts or have you had to tweek the system ?

You have to be in the blue to get a high intensity workout. That will then put you into
the yellow and when in the yellow only endurance workouts will be recommended.

1 Like

My setting is on time-trial, and even in the blue I keep getting endurance, so if you prefer endurance workouts just set a ‘longer’ athlete type in your profile. you can always change it back. Even when the top recommendations are endurance, if you load all top 20 you should be able to spot some higher intensity choices further down.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. After trawling through various forum posts I’ve gone for Continuous Improvement with my athlete type set on Climber. My goal is several long distance rides next summer including a few multi-day affairs. I’ve set IR to slow and done a Fitness Test for Breakthrough workout this morning, so hopefully I’m now good to go.

1 Like